Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive! - Sir Walter Scott

Lies and deception, that is what Satan is about.

"...there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies." - John 8:44 (NLT)

Satan is trying to move in . I can feel him everywhere I turn. He feeds me lies and tries to make me believe him.
*I have full control.
*I can't ever beat my food addiction.
*It's ok if I have just a little, I know when to stop.
*After the month I've had I need and deserve this.
*I don't need God. I can handle this by myself.
How do I know it's a lie? It brings guilt, misery, and shame when I think about it. Satan likes that. He feeds on our sins to talk us into more sin. He wants us to fail. When we start walking closer to God he tries everything to break us apart. I want Satan to know he is not welcome. I will not let him win this time.

"When the spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not be presenting his own idea; he will be telling you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. He will bring me glory by revealing to you whatever he receives from me. John 16:13-14 (NLT)

God is the Spirit of Truth! I will follow his teachings. God says in Philippians 4:8-9 "And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure, lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.(NLT)

So I have to ask myself, is this honest and fair? Am I being/what I am doing, is it honest and fair? Are my thoughts pure, lovely, and admirable? They aren't when I listen to the lies of Satan. I want God's peace. I will continue to read and study his Word. I will continue to walk with him in my new found patience. He is the truth, and the light. I will follow him.

"Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."James 4:8 (NLT)

No comments: