Monday, December 22, 2008

More Now!

"All I am asking Lord is that my husband will get a job. Any job. We just need some income!" -For 35 days I prayed and asked others to pray for the same thing. Finally he did get a job! Not just one job, but two jobs.. I was elated! God heard and answered our prayers.

But, now I keep catching myself asking for more. How can that be? I just knew we would be ok if my husband got a job... any job... right? So why more now? Why do I feel like we need more money for stuff? We have everything we need.

"Reverence for the Lord is pure, lasting forever. The laws of the Lord are true; each one is fair. They are more desirable than gold, even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey, even honey dripping from the comb." Psalm 20:9-10 (NLT)

Did you read that? His laws are fair and true. They are more desirable than gold! What he gave me is a fair amount so why am I still asking for more? More pay, some benefits, more hours, more, more, more. By asking these questions I feel like I am saying God didn't do enough. I feel like he is taunting us when I see what everyone else has when I am barely hanging on to my home and making ends meet.

"In everything you do, stay away from the complaining and arguing." Philippians 3:14 (NLT)

I am full of complaints. I was fooling myself saying they were suggestions to God. But they weren't. They were complaints. God gave me what I asked for and now I am complaining and asking for more? That isn't right. I need to step back and rethink things. If I look at my situation and list the things God has done to help me, I shouldn't complain. I have what I need and that's all I asked for. I need to look up to the Lord and praise him and trust him. He knows where I am going. He knows exactly what will happen to our future.

"In him lie hidden all the treasure of wisdom and knowledge." Colossians 2:3 (NLT)

I am challenging myself to not complain and argue. Will you join me in this challenge? I am going to be happy with what I have. I will not argue with my husband or daughter or anyone at work. I will walk away when I want to complain about why someone gets something that I don't have. I will walk away and know that in him lie all the wisdom and knowledge.

No comments: